Sunday, February 19, 2006

Instructables can be...

Confusable.

Aren't they always?

The title is a quote from the English translation of a 1960 Honda motorcycle manual. I don't actually have this manual. My first exposure to the manual and its astounding revelation came from Jay Leno, who quoted from the manual in his article, "An Art Form Lost," in the March 2006 Popular Mechanics (Volume 183, No.3, for those keeping track). Thanks for sharing, Jay. Who knew such wisdom could be found in a motorcycle manual?


It's time I became a blogger and share my confusables. I've been web-worthy since 1991, when I played my first MUD, and a site owner since 1997, when I coded a showcase for my 3D renderings in good old Notepad. I've held off on blogging, though, because, well, who knows? I can think of a dozen valid reasons why I didn't blog before (I've already got a web site, I use a computer all day at work, etc.), and only one vague reason why I'm doing it now (uh, why not?).

Actually, that's not true. It's time I started blogging because I've got something to say....many somethings, really. I can't guarantee that anyone will listen, but at least I gain the satisfaction of having said it all in the first place. It's off my chest and into the aether of a million faceless strangers. Welcome to cyber-therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home